It’s time to start preparing your menu for Easter Dinner. If you are prepared to make a healthy menu, you will stay on track with your weight loss efforts with these 3 low carb Easter menus.
Here are a three menu options for you to help you remain low in carbs through this holiday, plus a light and fresh dessert to try.
First up, Easter Brunch! This menu is light and colorful. It is high in protein and very low in carbs, even cutting some of the fat by replacing the mayonnaise in the egg salad with plain Greek yogurt. This menu is sure to leave everyone satisfied.
Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 celery stalk, diced
1 tbsp green onions or chives, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 c – 1/2 c plain Greek Yogurt
2 tsp yellow mustard
4 leaves of butter (or Bibb) lettuce
1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
1. In a medium bowl mix together eggs, celery, green onions, salt, pepper, mayo, and mustard.
2. Top each lettuce leaf with a spoonful of the egg salad and a couple of the avocado slices.
You may be wondering about a high protein menu for vegetarians, don’t worry, we did not forget about you! We have put together a delicious vegetarian menu bursting with flavor and stomach-filling protein.
Greek Yogurt Deviled Eggs
¼ c to cup plain whole Greek yogurt
2 tbsp pickle juice
1 tsp ground mustard
¼ tsp melted butter
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
Sprinkle paprika for topping
1. First hard boil your eggs. Let them cool before peeling. Once peeled, slice your eggs vertically.
2. Scoop out the yolk and place in a bowl. Mix your yogurt and melted butter together and combine with the rest of your ingredients, except the paprika and olives.
3. The more yogurt you use, the creamier.
4. Taste and see if it’s salty enough, if not, add a dash more salt or pickle juice.
5. Mix until smooth then scoop a Â½ tbsp to 1 tbsp of egg yolk mix into your egg white halves.
6. Sprinkle with paprika after.
Next up is the Easter Dinner menu featuring a traditional ham (prepared your way), but served with all low carb sides that are sure to please – like the â€œsilky, smoky, bacon-yâ€ low carb side of mashed cauliflower over potatoes!
Lastly, Easter dessert: Although this dessert will add a few calories to your daily total, with the use of Splenda substitute it is very low in carbs. This zesty dessert option is a perfect spring flavor for this Easter.